Business Manager, Contract and Outsourcing
To lead the sourcing and contracting process by managing outsourcing needs and professionally negotiating contracts for functions and teams in early clinical development.
Business Expertise: Sourcing and Contracting Management
- Evaluates functional or project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies)
- Defines project- or function- specific sourcing strategies with input from project team members or functional representatives, as appropriate.
- Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions or teams and potential vendors
- Develop strategy for negotiating additional savings beyond MSA savings
- Serves as primary contact to the teams or functions for the sourcing of their activities.
- Provide outsourcing services in support of Project Teams and functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, site assessment visit, contract development, change orders and issue management.
- Leads and conducts negotiations with vendors
- Measures performance of vendors with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines and other related parameters
- Implements the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions
- Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs
- Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution
- Supports teams on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis
- Creates contracts, master agreements, work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
- Negotiates savings
- Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes
- Supports teams on PVC Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 year university degree
- Ability to effectively negotiate business terms and financial costs
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Considerable understanding of drug development process
- Considerable and demonstrated business acumen
- Desirable Study / project management within the pharmaceutical or CRO sector
- Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Thorough understanding of Clinical Development, Contract Management, Project Management, and Partnership Management.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required