Scientific Communications Specialist
As Scientific Communications Specialist, you will support Pharmaceutical Sciences with selected communication activities specifically relating to leadership communications within the company and to the public. You will partner with the entire Pharmaceutical Science leadership team & the Global Office (incl. the Scientific Communication Leader), as well as the global communication groups to facilitate and execute the day to day communications and actively contribute to the development and culture of the Pharmaceutical Sciences organization.
You will be assessing, designing and delivering on identified internal and external communication needs through classic communications vehicles, as well as leveraging innovative communication methodologies, channels and tools.
- Support all kinds of communications from the Head of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the Pharmaceutical Sciences Global Office internally (print, mail, video, intranet, other…) and externally, i.e. in public media via print, TV, radio, video, internet, social media
- Authoring articles, preparation of presentation material, assistance in and preparation for public interviews
- Assist Project Leaders in their regular correspondence with Health Authorities (EMA, FDA, etc.)
- Support planning and execution of functional, internal scientific events, including development of associated communications materials
- Support Global Office initiatives as an integrated member of the team, taking on tasks within the group, coordinating initiatives and work streams
- Contribute to the Pharmaceutical Sciences intranet website and further develop appropriate intranet presence within the company for Pharmaceutical Sciences, including leadership communications, department communications and news; editing and publishing in cooperation with the Pharmaceutical Sciences Operations team.
- Support overall communications needs (different formats) on key projects (R&D, people topics, events, etc.) where significant value can be added
- Have a journalistic attitude towards Pharmaceutical Sciences activities, with a nose for a good story that highlights the value of our science and people to the company and the external world.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A scientific training (masters degree or higher) with strong communications/ journalistic experience is required.
- Ideally worked in a communications related field in a small or large organization
- Experience in Public Relations also when dealing with topics of high sensitivity
- You have a passion for science and an excellent ability to translate complex matters into simple and clear messages and to convey them via appropriate visualization
- Proven ability in conducting self-dependently investigative research on various topics using scientific literature databases and public media
- Experience with social media tools and in educating and driving adoption of enterprise tools and media for community building.
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building, communicate and partnering at all levels of the organization, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills and good team player with dedication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time and meet tight deadlines
- Work independently and enjoy challenges of a fast paced, global environment and be able to work under pressure
- React flexibly to changes in plans and priorities, ability to address urgent requests in a short time frame
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office (word, excel, power point) and Google applications (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Sheet, Doc)
- Experience and creativity in layout, graphic design (for presentations and documents)
- Experience with Photoshop a strong plus
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal is must; fluency in German is a big benefit