Type of placement:
Contract, 6 Months
- The Administrative Assistant provides diverse expertise of administrative support to designated managers and scientists of the department by anticipating, determining, and fulfilling customers’ needs in a proactive, well-organized and customer-oriented manner.
- We work in partnership with our internal business functions, Site Services, HR, Legal, Occupational Health, Procurement and Corporate Affairs to support the policies that govern our business.
- Provides timely, accurate, and effective administrative support.
- Addresses problems and develops practical, thorough and creative solutions independently
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion of sensitive/confidential and proprietary information.
- Participates, plans, coordinates and prioritizes work within or across departments. - liaises with the department personnel and other internal departments, global affiliates and external collaborators on behalf of the department as required.
- Performs a variety of complex and diverse administrative duties (e.g. correspondence, calendar management, set-up of TC’s, VC’s, WebEx, Telepresence co-ordination of internal & external, local & global, on- and offsite meetings, inspection assistance,
- Handling of purchase orders and invoices using ARIBA, travel management & expenses using CONCUR, updating departmental information, time recording, cross-functional and cross-site project support).
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate tools to support the departmental communication and information sharing (department's network drive, touchpoint, gdrive etc.)
- Sets priorities and manages time in own work, utilizes team to create efficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Secretarial College or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in office administration.
- High business awareness.
- High computer affinity, (MS Office, ARIBA, CONCUR, gMail, g+, Touchpoint)
- Highly-motivated personality.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task as needed; works well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, yet flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion, tact, reliability, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken German and English.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.