Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Administrative Expert for a 12-months contract with a high chance of extension to be based in Basel Switzerland.
As an ideal candidate you should have commercial training and very good administrative skills. As a Administrative Expert, you will be responsible for the independent delivery of profound administrative services in a local and a global context
- Dealing with complex administrative and organizational assignments independently and taking care of general administrative tasks and projects;
- Dealing with and replying to correspondence, filing, appointment and deadline coordination for the department, database administration;
- Deputising Operations Manager in case of absences, preparing presentations to draft after prior discussion of content, preparation and evaluation of statistics with a template, reports, meeting preparation (incl. logistics and dairy) and checking/handling invoices;
- Accommodating customers’ specific needs, being a professional partner to people within and outside the department, strong network with the other assistants;
- Controlling invoices and handling invoicing and x-charging process in cooperation with Operations Manager upon request, calendar handling for Head Finance and others upon request;
- Managing travel arrangements for the Group M&A team upon request.
- Supporting optimization of current processes and/or introduction of new or modified processes;
- Acting as a team member for administrative projects (e.g. organization of special events) or as a project coordinator for specific basic administrative projects and manages the administrative part of special tasks;
- Guaranteeing a smooth adjustment to the job of new employees in their own area of responsibility. Takes over supervising for colleagues in the administrative area (e.g. apprentices, new employees etc.).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial training (e.g. Swiss Association of Commercial Employees, business school) or equivalent (e.g. other vocational qualification)
- Previous experience in other administrative roles;
- Fluency in English and German, French would be advantageous;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.