As a research associate in computational biology, you will be involved in a wide range of projects within the department, primarily supporting analysis, integration and biological interpretation of NGS-based data (RNAseq, ChIPseq, ATACseq, Bisulfite-seq etc) in support of the Company’s Research and Development portfolio.
- Influence the design of experiments and collaborate with project-based scientists to interactively support analysis of NGS data.
- Applying cutting-edge pipelines and analysis tools, not only deliver analysis results, but also provide customized solutions for visualization and data exploration.
- Interact locally and globally with other NIBR computational biology departments
- Provide NGS data-driven sources of knowledge for many people, and will be aware of external and internal datasets relevant to their research.
- Understand well the statistical and mathematical methods used for analysis of genomics data. You have a strong expertise in epigenetics and you engage critical thinking on that subject.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD/Post Doc in related field (e.g. Biology)
- Computational Biologist, Epigenomic data scientist
- Minimum two years’ experience working in epigenetics research, in academic or drug-discovery settings.
- Strong experience with NGS data analysis
- Excellent programming skills in R. Knowledge of other programming languages would be a plus.
- Confidence working in a UNIX environment
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability to work with people from different backgrounds
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required