Category Manager, External Manufacturing Services and CMO Procurement Specialist
- As a member of the Category Management team you are responsible for proactively identifying opportunities, engaging, and partnering with Business stakeholders and regional Procurement, and managing Category suppliers to deliver overall Category performance and saving targets.
- Support the definition of Category Strategy and Annual Pipeline for the Category of External Manufacturing Services on either a global or regional basis: Collate supplier, market, category and internal data and Business requirements to formulate and validate the Category Strategy and develop a pipeline of proactive initiatives based on the Category Strategy, local requirements and stakeholder planning activities.
- You have deep category subject matter knowledge and expertise in the supplier management approach, the specific assigned categories and work to ensure this knowledge is shared and embedded to drive performance.
- You provide deep expertise in supporting the realization of Procurement targets, including delivery of high value sourcing, demand management, process re-engineering, and supplier performance and innovation activities.
- Develop category buying guides and content to translate the Category Strategy and outcomes into clear guidance and executable content.
- As a CMO subject matter expert and key user you are a member of the direct procurement team within the future ERP program.
- You will act as a liaison between Business Process Management, Direct Procurement and the ERP program workstream.
- The role supports the project team in analyzing business operations to assist in the design/redesign and documentation of business processes and clear definition of the business requirements regarding processes for the CMO Business Scenario (Supplier Management, Requisition to Pay, etc.).
- You work with operational teams, key users and other stakeholders to ensure understanding and alignment of reporting needs and E2E data governance processes.
- Compliance with all policies and procedures on a global and local level is an essential part of the design considerations.
- You implements process improvements through the introduction of appropriate workflows, tools and approval processes as well as though harmonization of processes and system design in close alignment with technical operations and finance.
- The design activities include translation of detailed business requirements to IT and management of changes to design specifications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- University degree, with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable
- Business level fluency in English
- 3+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing
- 3+ years of overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry for regulated categories with familiarity of relevant legal risks and issues
- Requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills to resolve a variety of routine and complex issues and to describe the business requirements accordingly
- Knowledge of process-based/cross-process IT systems (ERP and decentralized systems) for the relevant functional area
- Ability to analyze, design, describe and test IT solutions from an E2E business process understanding
- Strong business process knowledge and experience in the respective functional area.
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering complex business process / organizational change
- Demonstrated Knowledge of CMO procurement processes, standards and how they relate to operational business
- Demonstrated business improvement experience based on very good knowledge about
- Procurement business processes and the interdependencies to other business areas, interfaces as well as the master data framework
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of respective business processes in the functional area of Procurement, e.g. direct procurement, Material Resource Planning
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.
Our Client has initiated a global Business Process and ERP Program to globally harmonize business processes and systems. For the upcoming template design and subsequent pilot phases, we are looking for a Procurement Professional with relevant experience in the Life Science industry to support the Category Management and Project organizations.
The role will be mainly responsible for two specific areas. On the one hand, Category Management for external manufacturing services in support of our global category manager who is part time supporting the ERP Program Procurement Workstream. On the other hand, program business core team member as a subject matter expert for CMO (Contract Manifacturing Organisations) and other direct procurement related topics.