In this role you will be responsible for the development and the deployment of study databases and tools for data capture and cleaning, for the development of reports for data review, and for the transformation of data for analysis, filing and data review.
- Development of the clinical study database and all components in collaboration with the Study Data Manager, who provides the core specifications.
- Development of reports and visualizations outputs for data cleaning, clinical narratives and reconciliation activities.
- Development of data transformation programs, including specifications according to CDISC and data tabulation standards
- Selection and implementation of appropriate study conventions, including data collection and data tabulation standards, knowledge sharing and best practices on assigned study(s)
- Effectively communicates with Study Data Manager (SDM), study team, Functional Service Providers and stakeholders on Clinical Study Database, Reporting and Transformation requirements and status of work
- Shares functional knowledge using relevant forums and communication tools
- Effectively partners with Study Data Manager for representation on study team for Clinical Programming related topics and deliverables
- Managing Clinical Programming deliverables, including timelines, risks and coordination of cross-functional tasks with strong understanding of downstream processes and stakeholder needs and impacts
- Identifying Clinical Programming related issues appropriately and addressing corrective action plans
- Evaluating the impact of risks, developing and implementing mitigation plans at study level
- Fostering and maintaining outsourcing relationships with partners
- Inputs to vendors, FSPs, CRO selection, review of work orders & scope of work
- Provides coaching and mentoring to clinical programming colleagues
- Provides timely feedback to individuals and Management, and seeks ongoing feedback for personal development
- Oversees vendor performance at study level. Sets expectations, measures performance and with direction establishes and implements corrective action as necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and moderate industry-related experience
- At least 2 years of experience in advanced programming in clinical development, i.e.an object oriented programming language like C++, C-Sharp and/or R is a must
- Programming competency using SAS
- In-depth understanding of the business of your discipline and the wider Clinical Data Management organization
- Understanding of medical terminology, and how it applies to data collection and data tabulation, and the impact of downstream processes at study level
- Ability to adapt to change, e.g. new tools, processes and technology
- Ability to share technical expertise cross-functionally
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable according to changing business priorities
- Effective communication
- Ability to keep to deadlines
- Excellent in English; excellent writing skills
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
“Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, CTC is a specialist life-sciences recruitment organisation. We place specialist talent into contract and permanent positions in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices and CRO industries.
An in-depth experience in life-sciences recruitment combined with an established and extensive local network means that CTC offers clients and candidates the “Gold standard” in recruitment services. With an expertise honed over many years at the cutting-edge of the life-sciences industry, we help companies find people and we help people find companies.”
Our client is a leading international pharmaceutical company, based in Basel area, Switzerland and looking for a Clinical Programmer with at least 2 years of experience in programming in clinical development using C++, C-Sharp and/or R on top of SAS and according to CDISC standards