Customer Focused Order Manager
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Customer Focused Order Manager to be based in Basel Switzerland for a 8 month contract.
As an ideal candidate you should be capable of an enhanced level of responsibility and team support for smooth transactional execution between complex intercompany, intragroup and third party customers and respective suppliers as well as correct system set-up for intragroup supplies and demand review for third party customers. In addition, you will act as competent counterpart between assigned customers and various functions in order to guarantee high customer service level.
- Monitor and maintain correct system transactions related to order management processes according to defined business cases (e.g. intragroup supplies) based on planning & master data parameters including the up-to-date status of the order at any point in time;
- Prepare and ensure availability of all relevant documentations and approvals needed to guarantee steadily product flow (e.g. Letter of Credit);
- Provide guidance and assist assigned customers for returns, write-off’s, rebates and credit/debit notes according to the established SOPs and guidelines;
- Perform system bookings for returns and issue credit notes in a timely manner taking into consideration month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial timelines;
- Define and decide on priorities for physical deliveries in collaboration with Logistics Experts;
- Perform order confirmation and inbound system booking for manually placed orders
Guide and support third party service provider PLS;
- Act as single point of contact for escalation issues for your assigned customers, influencing and connecting relevant stakeholders to speed up (system) issue resolution;
- Maintain a proactive and close communication with customers and suppliers aligning daily business to guarantee a high customer service level at all times;
- Facilitate communication of intercompany customers and suppliers in alignment with direct communication principles and actively support in case no direct communication is in place;
- Drive and maintain close relation and involve other functions (Life Cyle Management, QA, Supply Chain, Finance, Artwork, Logistics) to ensure regulatory and quality compliant product supply;
- Strive for constant process and performance improvement by actively participating in cross-functional initiatives;
- Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements (including record management) and continuous improvement of quality relevant processes within area of responsibility;
- Support and implement new set-ups according to business need (e.g. distribution switches);
- Ensure correct system set-up and linkage to partner systems and support regular update on supply parameters (e.g. MOQ, LT) for intragroup supplies;
- For intra group supplies, prepare and conduct regular supply review meetings with customers and suppliers according to defined matrix.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher education (Bachelor degree) in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering, at least vocational education in commercial professions complemented by additional training in business administration resp. supply chain managemen;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain role in Health Care, Consumer Goods, Chemical or another process industry;
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain processes incl. customer service and vendor management;
- Good understanding of ERP implementation methodology;
- Computer literacy: Office applications (Excel, Power Point, WinWord) and Visio;
- Proven project management, ideally in a cross-functional project;
- Advanced knowledge of SAP;
- Well structured, strong conceptual thinking and process-orientation;
- Can document processes well and good presentation skills;
- Strong orientation towards actions, solutions and results;
- Fluency in English, German advantageous;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.