Scientist Bioinformatics & Data Analysis
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Scientist Bioinformatics & Data Analysis for a 2-years contract to be based in Basel. As an ideal candidate you should have 2+ years of experience in processing and analysing metagenomics/microbiomics data, and good knowledge of Python and R.
As a Scientist Bioinformatics & Data Analysis you will work in close collaboration with scientists using state-of-the-art bioinformatics and biostatistics tools and methods. The main focus of this bioinformatics position is the implementation of a pipeline to process and analyse metagenomics/microbiomics data in the context of pharmaceutical research.
- Evaluation of tools and methods for metagenomics analysis;
- Development of a pipeline to process metagenomics data;
- Data management of metagenomics data;
- Visualization of metagenomics data;
- Data mining of public and internal microbiomics data.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or Master’s degree;
- 2+ years of industry experience;
- Highly self-motivated, interested in working in a multinational company;
- Good knowledge of Python, R or at least one programming language;
- Previous experience in metagenomics/ microbiomics data analysis would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and methods;
- Strong background in Statistics;
- Basic knowledge in biological sciences would be beneficial;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.