Digital Solutions Manager
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Digital Solutions Manager to be based in Basel Switzerland.
The ideal candidate will play an essential role in driving GDD’s digital agenda by catalyzing and lead-ing digital projects to bring them to life. The Digital Solutions Manager is a core team member of the assigned to Patient Centric Remote Trial project and works closely with the digital team and holds direct responsibility in the execution of an integrated strategy by ensuring alignment and efficient cross functional execution of multiple digital initiatives. This requires the ability to influence and lead multi-disciplinary teams across a variety of subject matters with minimal authority to deliver with high quality, and in accordance with approved strategy.
- Working with General Managers to help define the strategy and direction for each digital program;
- Supporting digital solution evaluation activity and engagement with external partners;
- Leading one or more projects or workstreams, including the development and maintenance of project charter, requirements document, timeline, and financial forecast;
- Developing, desiging and executing pilot programs, as needed, to evaluate disruptive technologies;
- Providing solution adoption support to clinical project teams as needed;
- Leading project communication material development for multi-stakeholder management and external pur-pose as needed;
- Developing mitigation plans plusanticipation and proactive risk management;
- Ensuring effective team dynamics, performance, prioritization and communication;
- Leading cross-functional project teams and task forces of multidisciplinary experts across varying areas of technological proficiency ensuring the assessment / execution of digital projects;
- Developing and maintain project charter, timeline, and financial forecast;
- Ensuring delivery of development activities for digital solutions to cost, time and quality standards;
- Developing and nurturing relationships with other Development functions and external partners to ensure the expansion of solutions across the Development portfolio;
- Identifying unmet needs and opportunities where digital solutions can positively impact GDD operations and develop new or improved processes to increase efficiency and quality of deliverables;
- Developing and managing new processes where no process or precedent exists, while maintaining compliance with current regulations (both internal and external);
- Identifying and sharing learnings and process changes needed for technology adoption as identified through pilot programs and/or gap analysis;
- Providing strategic planning and input for communication and coordination of Digital Accelerator activities throughout GDD, and through external channels/PR/Media;
- Managing risk, including assessment of impact on clinical operations and development of mitigation plans.
- Collaborates with the Global Head of Digital Development, Accelerator General Managers and Head of Strategy and Operations in preparation of organizational recommendations, business cases, financial forecasts and updates for senior management and organizational leadership teams
- Communicates program progress/ issues horizontally and vertically in an open and timely manner
- Provides leadership in the areas of planning, tracking, scenario-generation, contingency development, critical path analysis, and risk management
- Identifies and develops best practices for project management and implements them accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree or equivalent in life sciences or computer science, engineering fields;
- 5+ years industry experience in clinical trial operations;
- 5 + years experience in clinical technology implementation;
- 5+ years or equivalent multi-/cross-functional team management experience;
- Experience presenting/speaking at a senior management level with a proven track record of effectively communicating complex initiatives;
- Successful track record of problem-solving and navigating un-charted territory without clear precedent;
- Advanced project / program management skills;
- Experience in vendor engagement and collaboration highly preferred;
- Strength demonstrated in strategic decision making, scenario evaluation, change management and contingency planning;
- Fluency in English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.