Distribution & Logistic Team leader
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, committed into delivering products on the market over the next 5 years, is looking for a Distribution & Logistic Teamleader for a permanent postion based in Basel area.
The ideal candidate should have 7 years of previous experience with Pharmaceutical Distribution & Logistics.
You will be leading the execution of the global Distribution & Logistics strategy including the setup and implementation of the respective structure, processes and KPIs and will have the opportunity to actively participate in the setup of the global Supply Chain for the company’s products in development and for our future commercial products.
- Selection and implementation of the new central warehouses and distribution centers according to the commercial strategy;
- Coordination, Management and execution of all shipment activities under the responsibility of Pharmaceutical Development & Commerical Supplies;
- Support technical project leaders to ensure product deliveries according to the project timelines;
- Ensure proper customs and tax settings for international imports and exports (e.g. adhere to applicable finance relevant policies and operating procedures);
- Ensure security of shipments regarding transporting conditions (e.g. cold chain, valuable);
- Develop new optimized processes and procedures in the new ERP system (SAP);
- Ensure compliance to the international trade, GMP/GDP and internal set of rules and regulations;
- Foster development of compliance and audit awareness/participation and promote cross- functional communications;
- Set-up, management and monitoring of forwarders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Distribution, or job relevant long-term working experience;
- Min. 7 year working experience in Pharmaceutical Distribution & Logistics;
- Experience in setting up a complex cross boarder supply chain;
- Proven record of managing projects in a matrix environment;
- Strong knowledge of international import/export processes and regulation (Incoterms, customs, taxes);
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical regulations within GxP environment;
- Experience with computerized systems (ERP, Word, Excel), preferably SAP;
- Process and solution oriented with a strong customer focus;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.