Global Manager Data Governance
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Global Manager Data Governance for an 11-months contract to be based in Basel, Switzerland.
The Global Manager Data Governance will lead the effort to build a cross-divisional data governance process, master data management process and harmonized operational data model for a specific domain of expertise in Development (Clinical, Regulatory, Safety, Technical R&D, etc). This role is accountable for enforcement and maintenance of the agreed process once established.
- Act as a single point of responsibility for data governance in his/her domain of expertise;
- Plays a strategic role in the implementation of priority projects related to:
- Centralizing the exchange of operational data between systems;
- Integrated, cross-platform reporting and dash boarding;
- Advanced statistical analysis and predictive modelling;
- Analyzes multidimensional datasets and drives business processes updates to be performed and leads the respective change initiatives;
- Drives cross divisional alignment in his/her domain of expertise to ensure a lean company wide information model enabling executive data driven decision making on a corporate level;
- Provides expert guidance on business process and system design to support data governance and information modelling objectives;
- Maintain documentation and act as an expert on data definitions, data flows, legacy data structures, access rights models, etc. for assigned domain;
- Manage and maintains data modeling methodology already established within Data Governance team;
- Evolution of existing canonical data model as outcome of change request and project activities;
- Drive harmonization of master and reference data standards for objects where lifecycle management is not yet established;
- Manage and evolve current data quality management practice;
- Manage and evolve current data integration standards policies and procedures;
- Manage maintenance of data lineage and support root cause analysis and impact assessment on data related topics;
- Maintain methodology to link process-data-system-role elements within singe semantical model.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in science, engineering, business or mathematics/statistics preferred;
- Proven experience in data management, data governance or corresponding data initiatives;
- Extended knowledge of the drug development process especially in the field of Project & Portfolio management, Clinical Trial Operations, Patient Safety, Clinical Data management and analytics, Regulatory affairs;
- Ability to handle complex problems with specific attention to details;
- Experience working in multicultural teams;
- Extensive modelling experience with standard modelling tools (SPARX EA, Visio, etc.);
- Basic programming skills is a must;
- Good communication skills especially using social media in enterprise;
- Familiar with knowledge graph and semantic web technologies;
- Good knowledge of cross-industry data standards;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.