Global Medical Information Manager
Our client is a leading biopharmaceutical company looking for a Global Medical Information Manager for a 12 months contract based in the Basel area, Switzerland.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of previous experience in medical information with a broad understanding of various products and diseases in a headquarter level.
- Develop responses for simple and complex medical inquiries: formulation of the strategy and framework within which a response lies
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches in relation with a medical inquiry: identify and weigh the information available
- Prepare, finalize and update global standard response documents, based on knowledge of clinical studies, therapeutic areas, and new information appearing in the literature
- Communicate with internal reviewers to finalize documents
- Compile and maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date Competitor Compendiums as needed/requested by line management within specified timeframes and according to defined style guidelines.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal departments and external contacts
- Provide an information support service to the clinical and marketing teams. Includes the distribution among other departments of data relating to medical information inquiries and GRDs as well as ad hoc, bespoke activities relating to medical information that support the broader needs of the organization
- Propose process improvements to enhance the global medical information service from a methodology, process and compliance perspective
- Manage and track inquiries with standard medical information databases
- Transmit any reported adverse events to Global Drug Safety in a timely manner
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D, MD or PharmD level degree, with thorough grounding in clinical pharmacotherapy
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience in medical information, medical communication or regulatory affairs
- Must have a broad knowledge and understanding of products and diseases that allows for the provision of complex information that is accurate and meets all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated scientific/medical writing experience
- Can understand and apply principles, concepts and standards
- Knowledge of relevant information sources including: printed publications, unpublished sources, databases, websites, company departments, external bodies
- Ability to analyse and appraise clinical, biomedical and scientific reports in a systematic, fair and balanced way
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complex situations
- Excellent organizer and communicator
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of MS-Office tools, especially MS-Word
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
If you think your profile matches this position and want to take a challenge in your career don’t hesitate to apply.