Global Project Manager
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Global Project Manager for a 24-months contract to be based in Basel.
As an ideal candidate you should have a project management certification and 5+ years of experience in development, maintenance, pro-active tracking & management of a high quality, ambitious integrated project plans, from within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
As a key member on molecule development project teams the Global Project Manager is expected to actively contribute and challenge the definition and development of project strategy, and then help teams to effectively and efficiently deliver on the strategic objectives agreed with the relevant governance body drive scenario planning and strive for continuous optimization of the project plan.
- The development, maintenance, pro-active tracking & management of a high quality, ambitious integrated project plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Identifying, managing & communicating key project risks and leading risk management strategies in partnering with the team leader
- Builds effective team operation and positive team dynamic to succeed with milestone achievement
- Closely and transparently managing the critical path of the project
- Facilitating discussion on Project Scenarios, Risk and Options
- Guiding and managing the team through the value chain processes ensuring effective and efficient team operation
- Maintaining, tracking, reporting and understanding variances in the integrated project budget by working in close collaboration with functional contributors and finance
- The integrity and accuracy of project information to meet team, management and portfolio requirements.
- Representing Project Management with Stakeholders in all management positions
- Guiding effectively a due diligence team through the formation of a comprehensive drug development plan and budget
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline required. Advanced degree (Science, MBA,PhD) preferred. Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus (ie: PMP or equivalent)
- Experience supporting cross functional teams preferably in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/biotech organizations (minimum of 5 years' experience preferred.)
- Applies a complete understanding of theories and concepts from one's technical/ professional discipline to independently address a broad range of difficult problems
- Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Strong influencing skills: proven ability to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization with non-co-located teams
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluency in English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.