HSE Safety Expert API
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, committed into delivering products on the market over the next 5 years, is looking for a Safety Expert API for a permanent position based in Basel area.
The ideal candidate should have 5 years of previous experience in the safety field.
- Secure adherence to regulations by managing tasks related to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) for the whole company’s pipeline and future commercial campaigns;
- Perform HSE audits of their portfolio of suppliers and contribute to supplier portfolio management;
- Manage, create, maintain and update Safety Data Sheets (SDS);
- Manage the process of determining the Personal Daily Exposure (PDE) and Occupational Exposure Level (OEL) values with internal and external functions;
- Manage the Environmental Risk Analysis (ERA) with external suppliers for their late stage clinical candidates;
- Manage REACH aspects of all their CMC projects;
- Assist Chemical Development department (Chemistry Process R&D and Chemical Development API) in further HSE aspects;
- Support Chemical Development in shipment and warehousing activities;
- Assist Chemical Development API in the preparation of commercialization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering, or specialized in HSE;
- At least 5 years experience in this field;
- Former hands-on experience in chemical production is a clear plus;
- Experience with HSE audits of CMOs and manufacturing plants;
- Sound knowledge of REACH, Occupational Health, working hygiene, and environmental regulations pertaining to the chemical and pharmaceutical industry;
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a broad range of tasks within dynamic teams;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.