Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drugs & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. They are also a leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs for the treatment of Cancer.
We are currently looking for a HTA Statistician for a 12-months contract to be based in Basel. If you have 2+ years of experience working as a Statistician in the pharmaceutical industry or in CROs, using statistical software to support the generation of evidence used for market access and reimbursement, and are an expert using SAS/R as well as, then please get in touch!
As an HTA Statistician you will provide expertise in statistical and programming support as well as methodological advice to facilitate the generation of evidence used for market access and reimbursement submissions.
- Perform statistical analyses on clinical trial and real-world data, including analysis of efficacy, safety, quality of life and utility endpoints;
- Provide input into clinical development and access evidence plans;
- Provide input into design of experiments including clinical trials and patient registries with a particular focus on the analysis of payer-relevant endpoints;
- Provide expert statistical advice on statistical methodologies as well as the interpretation of statistical findings;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the global organization as well as with country-level affiliates to support and ensure appropriate generation, synthesis and interpretation of payer-relevant evidence.
Qualifications and Experience:
Professional and Technical Requirements:
- Solid experience in at least one statistical programming language as well as previous experience in several methodological areas;
- In-depth knowledge of survival analysis techniques: parametric and non-parametric extrapolations for time to event endpoints;
- Statistical evidence synthesis such as Indirect Treatment Comparisons (ITC), Network Meta Analyses (NMA) and Matching-Adjusted Indirect Comparisons (MAIC);
- Surrogate endpoint validation;
- Treatment Switching;
- Analysis of longitudinal data (e.g. MMRM, Mixed Effects Models);
- Multistate Modelling;
- Analysis of safety data to detect interaction effects in population subgroups;
- Programming in SAS and/or R;
- Knowledge of other software such as Stata, WinBUGS and/or JAGS as well as prior experience working with Unix environment and GitHub would be a plus.
- Drug development, clinical development plans, design of experiments for clinical trials and registries, access evidence plan;
- Experience with measuring and analyzing Patient Reported Outcomes and Health Related Quality of Life;
- Familiarity with Health Economic models, Systematic Literature Reviews (SLRs) and NMAs;
- Knowledge of requirements of HTA systems for key countries;
- Experience with writing statistical analysis plans;
- Experience with presenting statistical analyses including assumptions, strengths/limitations and providing interpretation of statistical findings and conclusions to non-statistical audiences;
- Ability to understand future trends in HTA and associated business implications.
- Organizational and project management skills (including vendor management);
- Communication and presentation skills (e.g. able to communicate both positive and negative results, assertiveness);
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Ability to explain statistical concepts to people who do not have a background in statistics and communicate findings for a broad type of audience;
- Strong networking and partnering skills;
- Team player: ability to work in multi-cultural cross-functional teams - Fluency in English both oral and written;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.