Informatics Sales Representative
Our client, a dynamic global bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, is looking an Informatics Sales Representative on a permanent contract based in the Basel area. Home based work is also a possibility from Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of previous experience in a QC Microbiology role with increasing responsibility.
- Managing and driving the sales process from lead identification through close for an emerging product technology solution focused on electronic data management associated with life sciences product manufacturing;
- Presenting products and solutions in a compelling manner to potential clients and the life science industry on sales calls and industry trade shows;
- Conducting all activities and keep personal qualities such as integrity, appearance and sociability in a manner contributory to maintenance of optimum corporate image;
- Possessing the ability to work autonomously from a home-based office as well as contribute to overall team performance;
- Updating and maintaining opportunities sales funnel via internal Customer Relationship Manager system;
- Working with project delivery team to assist in the management of client projects;
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports that provide information regarding forecasts, sales and market activity and current status of new product launch to management;
- Working with the marketing team to develop new ideas and marketing campaigns to attract new customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Life Sciences with emphasis in cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry is preferred;
- Strong desire to learn how to sell software in a complex customer environment;
- Knowledge of software validation is preferred;
- Strong leadership, customer relationship and negotiation skills are required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with fluency in two languages; English and German;
- Ability to work independently in a remote home office environment;
- Comfortable presenting to technical personnel and senior management;
- Willingness to travel as required;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.