International Medical/Scientific Director (IMD/ISD)
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic International Medical/Scientific Director (IMD/ISD) for a 12-months contract to be based in Basel.
The International Scientific Director (ISD) or International Medical Director (IMD), is a core role to support the joint planning and execution of the Medical, Education and Evidence Generation Strategy for RWD platforms. This requires a close collaboration with affiliates, international teams and healthcare related stakeholders in order to generate key insights and perspectives.
The role requires an outstanding strategic agility and ability to drive impactful projects aligned to the RWD platform vision, experience in execution of typical Medical Affairs activities, ideally paired with knowledge from working within genomic profiling or molecularly matched therapy concepts.
- Accountable for the evidence generation strategy planning and execution, incl. (but not limited to) identifying medical and access gaps and needs as part of the overall medical strategy;
- Responsible for the joint planning and execution of the Medical Strategy for the RWD platform team;
- Evidence Generation Strategy Planning and Execution;
- Drives the medical education strategy for RWD platforms;
- Takes the role of Lead Scientific Responsible and acts as a member of various teams e.g. International Teams, Cross-functional project teams etc;
- In collaboration with Global Access (GA) and appropriate Affiliates stakeholders, identifies the evidence generation needs/gaps in order to obtain and maintain patient access and integrates them into the evidence generation strategy;
- Provides input and support into value dossiers, describing the medical value of comprehensive genomic profiling;
- Contributes to the medical education needs assessment;
- May be responsible for organization of affiliate briefings and may lead the execution of internal and external medical education materials and Q&A documents;
- When appointed and appropriate, may deliver presentations at congresses during medical education events;
- Develops, advances and maintains TAE interactions and collaborations, incl. those aimed to set up and conduct evidence generation activities and education activities;
- Represents the company in peer-to-peer interactions with external collaboration partners, including in patient-company interactions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional experience within pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry, preferably in medical function;
- Good understanding of drug and diagnostic development process and related regulatory requirements;
- Experience in implementation of clinical trials;
- Previous experience with a product launch is a plus;
- Expertise with a wide range of data/ information and knowledge about principles of data analysis and interpretation is required;
- Relevant scientific knowledge in Oncology, in vitro Diagnostics and biomarker analyses;
- Experience of partnership with TAEs and external organizations is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the principles of data analysis, interpretation and assessing clinical relevance;
- Good understanding of business context, incl. access evidence requirements and external value/decision-making drivers is preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Functional competencies, including but not limited to, organization, prioritization and planning skills, strong negotiation skills, effective communication & presentation skills;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.