Perform scientific experiments or analytical processes for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures in collaboration with other analytical experts.
- Develop and validate analytical methods with a focus on x-ray powder diffractometry (XRPD), infrared spectroscopy (IR), micro calorimetry and/or thermal analyses in the area of solid state characterization.
- Support the physical-chemical characterization of active pharmaceutical ingredients, especially in salt and polymorphism programs.
- Perform and document scientific experiments under GMP in collaboration with experienced team members, if necessary. Seek proactively for support and coaching from Scientific Expert/or other team members during the whole process if necessary.
- Provide GMP documentation of raw data, evaluation and contribute to interpretation of results. Provide input for the selection of next experiments.
- Actively support the transfer of analytical procedures to CRO's and production sites, including process steering controls etc.
- Contribute to lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOPs.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance of lab instruments/equipment.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new lab equipment.
- Actively perform safety and literature searches in collaboration with relevant and experienced team members
- Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility.
- Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under guidance from more experienced team members.
- Recognize and communicate complex problems within the project team or network if necessary together with the respective Project Leader, Network leader or Senior Scientific Expert or a relevant team member.
- Actively contribute to team goals.
- Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP.
- Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Technician or 0-4 years (for BSc) or 0-2 years (for MSc).
- Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
- Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in the analytical area.
- Basic knowledge in scientific/technical areas of collaboration.
- Good knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
- Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Language: The main part of our communication and documentation is in English. Therefore, fluent English is required. In addition, German and/or French would be an advantage.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required