Laboratory Specialist Technician (Bioanalytics)
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Laboratory Specialist Technician (Bioanalytics) for a 12-months contract to be based in Basel.
As an ideal candidate you should have 3+ years of hands-on experience with ligand binding assays in a regulated environment (GLP/GCP) and experience using ELISA.
As a Laboratory Specialist Technician (Bioanalytics) you will be part of a team of bioanalysts responsible for the quantification of therapeutic proteins, for immunogenicity assessment (detection and characterization of anti-drug antibodies) and for the quantification of soluble target in animal and human matrix.
- Set up, optimize and validate the required ligand binding assays (ELISAs) according to written protocols;
- Plan and perform routine analyses for the support of pre-clinical and clinical studies (phase I/II) with the above mentioned methods;
- Be responsible for the lab infrastructure, instrument maintenance, experimental design, data acquisition, data documentation and interpretation, issue resolution, compliance with GLP/GCP regulations, preparation of draft bioanalytical reports and method descriptions;
- Set up and validate cell-based assays for the detection of neutralizing antibodies according to written protocols.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education as BTA, MTA, Laborant/in EFZ (Biology) or B.Sc. or equivalent education in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences;
- 3 years hands-on experience with ligand binding assays in a regulated environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or at a CRO;
- Ability to maintain tidy records of the activities performed and to deliver timely;
- Sound knowledge of GLP/GCP regulations and LIMS systems (preferably Watson LIMS);
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer hard- and software (Windows, Office) and analytical computer applications;
- Ability and willingness to draft analytical method descriptions, validation reports and bioanalytical reports;
- Fluent in English and ideally good knowledge of German;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.