Computational Chemistry Specialist
Our client is a dynamic biopharmaceutical company currently looking for a Computational Chemistry Specialist.
- Responsible for drug discovery project support:
- Molecular modeling, Virtual Screening, Structure- and ligand-based drug design, HTS data and SAR analysis
- Communicating results to project teams and departments including proposals to solve problems
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in Molecular Modeling in pharmaceutical industry or equivalent
- Expertise in structure- and ligand-based drug design is essential
- PhD and Postdoc in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline with a demonstrated track record in Modeling, Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) is required
- Knowledge of different drug target families including GPCRs, proteases, kinases etc.
- Comfortable under Linux command-line environment
- Experience with a workflow tool (e.g. KNIME, Pipeline Pilot) and a programming or scripting language (e.g. python or similar) is a plus
- Profound communication skills in English as well as experience in dealing with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required