Senior Clinical Trial Assistant
Our client is a well-established non-profit drug research and development organisation who partners with private industry, public institutions, academia and NGOs to advance new treatments in disease-endemic countries.
With a remarkable achievement of bringing 8 new treatments to the market, the organisation also benefits from a rich pipeline of new potential drugs, which are being investigated through their numerous affiliates worldwide.
For their office in Geneva, we are looking for a Senior Clinical Trial Assistant for an initial contract until the end of the year, with high chances for a long-term engagement.
- Support Clinical Project Managers in clinical trial activities, with a particular focus on start-up activities;
- Purchasing of equipment and materials for clinical trials, including organising shipments and imports to clinical trial sites in Africa;
- Financial administration (tracking of spend against team budget, tracking & arranging payment of invoices);
- General administrative support to the clinical trial team (organising meetings, managing documents etc.);
- Support in drafting / preparing documents;
- Coordinate activities in close communication with the relevant individuals and partner organisations internationally;
- Other tasks will be requested, which are commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience supporting clinical trials or procurement operations
- Proactive and able to quickly adapt and integrate in a new team;
- Able to work effectively when there is uncertainty, when there is no established process, or no precedent;
- Take initiative and escalate issues in a timely manner with some options for resolution when possible;
- Appropriate attention to detail;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Desirable to have good spoken and written French;
- Excellent PC skills (including MS Office suite);
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Enthusiasm for the challenge of supporting study set up in low income countries (difficult settings);
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.