Senior Data Scientist - Real World Data (RWD)
As a (Senior) Real World Data Scientist within our Personalized HealthCare function you will conduct observational studies to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, that support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access.
You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the whole organization (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access, Drug Safety, Clinical Science, affiliates) to develop evidence generation strategies, identify evidence gaps and data sources, design and execute studies, and implement analyses to address molecule and disease area questions. Your research will be used in reimbursement dossiers, regulatory filings, publications and others.
- IDENTIFY EVIDENCE NEEDS & RECOMMEND DATA SOLUTIONS: Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- BE AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results; participate in external
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology or biostatistics/public health (with focus on epidemiology/observational research)
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiological or outcome research projects, with publications and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.