Senior Data Scientist
Type of placement: Contract, Contract, 6 months with high chance of extension
Location: Switzerland, North West
As a Senior Data Scientist you will work with meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access.
You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to design and execute studies and implement analyses to address molecule and disease area questions. Source data will be diverse -- real-world data, including patient registries, electronic medical records, claims, biobanks, and clinical trials. The evidence and insights will be used to inform the research and development of our molecules, and support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers.
As Senior Data Scientist you will typically be expected to contribute to the molecule/disease area for multiple or complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Identify evidence needs and recommend data solutions;
- Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions;
- Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately;
- Keep up to date and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches;
- Produce high quality analyses by applying rigor in study design and analytical methods, plan for data processing, design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability, implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting, ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards;
- Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment bodies and scientific communities, publish results, participate in external meetings and forums to present your insights (e.g. congress/conference).
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, public health (epidemiology focus) or pharmacoepidemiology;
- 6 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiolgical research projects, with publications and presentations;
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges;
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques;
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal;
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.