Senior Data Scientist
The senior data scientist is responsible for analyzing (complex) data sets obtained through in-house experiments and/or retrieved from external sources. You will be part of the Translational Science Group whose members scientifically and experimentally engage in discovery and early development teams to solve project related questions. By working closely together with other functions in scientific computing and (biomedical) statistics in a matrix you will report and discuss decisionable data to projects teams. Based on your specific medical, pharmaceutical and/or biological background you will be appointed to one or two therapeutic areas.
- Driving the exploration and validation of novel drug targets and/or biomarkers
- Continuous improvement of procedures; evaluation, validation and implementation of new tools and methodologies
- Developing and constantly innovating the Translational Science Biomarker strategy with Translational Science Group members
- Documenting, reporting and communicating results to the teams.
- Publishing, presenting and discussing scientific results in international meetings, be a representative of the Biomarker strategy inside the company towards an international expert audience.
- Developing standardized analysis workflows: data storage, data management, data retrieval with queries, data visualization and biological data interpretation based on the biological questions
Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD in either one of the following disciplines: bioinformatics, physics or any other life sciences discipline with demonstrated experience in complex data analysis of omics data sets.
- Minimally 2 years postdoctoral experience in the field of applying advanced types of data analysis proven by a strong publication record.
- Industry experience would be a valuable asset.
- Proficient in the English language. German and/or French would be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge in omics information resources and more advanced pathway / biological network analysis.
- Experience in one or more therapeutic areas of interest to Idorsia (CNS, immunology, oncology and CV/fibrosis) would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of working in multicultural, multidisciplinary and matrix environments.
- Result oriented, problem solver with a good understanding of biology in multiple therapeutic areas preferably with experience in a medical setting.
- Strong background in computational analysis and experienced in using statistical packages such as R.
- Basic scripting and programming skills (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with data interpretation and visualization tools (e.g. Qiagen IPA, Metacore, Cytoscape, Spotfire...) of advantage.
- Familiar working within a UNIX environment
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication and networking skills, flexible mindset and scientifically curious.
- Exemplifying core values of Trust and Teamwork in project teams to maximize their effectiveness.
- Proactive, forward thinking and wishing to be up-to-date with the latest computational technologies.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required