Senior Project Manager (Pharma Product Development PHC)
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Project Manager for a contract to be based in Basel.
As a Senior Project Manager you will provide traditional Project Management support (facilitation, stakeholder management, agenda/minutes/action item followthrough), as well as being a strategic thought partner to Team Leads and the Program Manager. The goal of the Senior Project Manager is to support Clinical Team Leads, Clinical Scientists and Project Leads in setting up teams to bring projects forward, and help with setting up the clinical development plan from a project management perspective (timelines, budgets etc).
As an ideal candidate you will have at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, of which at least 3 years leading large scale complex projects in matrix environments as a Project Manager, and a solid understanding of the clinical development process.
Please note this is not a Clinical Project Manager/Clinical Trial Manager role.
- Analyzing data and solicit senior management input to determine what is needed and desired;
- Strong project management of critical path activities to set teams up for success to achieve near-term and long-term objectives;
- Partnering with leadership team to align on scope and desired outcomes for projects and/or functional performance objectives;
- Introducing fit-for-purpose decision-making framework appropriate for the urgency, complexity of business context;
- Eliminating obstacles to decision-making;
- Designing, preparing and effectively facilitating team meetings (agenda setting and outcomes and action item management);
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to find solutions and address identified gaps and emergent business needs;
- Supporting Scientific and Clinical Operations teams to set up processes, timelines and deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- 5+ years multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry;
- 3+ years leading large-scale, complex projects/programs in a fast-paced dynamic and matrix environment as a Project Manager;
- Scientific background (Master’s or PhD) preferred;
- MBA or Project Management certification advantageous;
- Ability to navigate complex and flexible working environments;
- Experience with agile methodologies and ability to pivot and quickly adjust as needed;
- Understanding of concepts of Minimal Viable Product;
- Fluency in English. Any other language advantageous.