Senior Publications Lead
The Senior Publications Lead is responsible for the development, management and execution of publications plans across multiple therapeutic areas. He/she oversees compliance with Client publication policies and procedures and works collaboratively with publications stakeholders on all levels both within and outside the company.
This position operates with minimal direction and has a central role in expanding the infrastructure related to publication planning and management.
- Drive the development and implementation of global publication plans in multiple therapeutic areas
- Lead cross-functional publication planning efforts to effectively collaborate and align with and across a range of internal and external publication stakeholders
- Facilitate the timely delivery of planned publications by providing operational and scientific support, as needed
- Act as a primary contact point for publication activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all publications activities comply with Good Publication Practice (GPP), applicable regulations and Client publication policy and procedures
- Manage the tracking of publication activities and generate reports for stakeholders as needed
- Provide input to plan and allocate resources needed to implement agreed publication plans; forecast, manage, track and report publication budgets
- Evaluate, select, and manage medical communication agencies, if required
- Maintain Client publication policy, procedures and best practices; stay abreast of evolving publication standards, requirements and guidelines
- Provide training on publication process compliance to publication stakeholders
- Identify and drive process improvement and sharing of best practices to further enhance the efficiency of publication processes and systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MS). Relevant professional certification/credential (e.g., CMPP) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years’ experience in all aspects of scientific publication management, ideally during all phases of drug development and commercialization (investigational, registration, pre- and post-launch, marketed).
- Excellent knowledge of industry and publication standards with regards to GPP and other relevant publication guidelines, along with a thorough understanding of clinical study design, statistics, and pharmaceutical research and development
- Motivated, proactive, self-directed and flexible to adapt quickly and be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment to deliver on organizational goals
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple high-priority projects
- Strong ability in building and fostering professional relationships and collaborations, both internally and externally
- Ability to quickly develop and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapeutic areas
- Excellent ability to interpret and present scientific and clinical trial data to a variety of audiences, along with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop and implement publication processes, standards, and systems
- Excellent command of the English language, and outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required