To assist a team of scientists responsible for the development and scale-up of purification processes and related technologies for GMP manufacturing of a wide diversity of protein pharmaceuticals.
- Experienced in the development of separations (e.g. chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration);
- Defining and performing experiments to address problems arising in early-stage development projects;
- Planning, designing and performing experiments to arrive at scientifically sound conclusions and well-supported recommendations to project teams, while making optimal use of available resources and time;
- Evaluating and implementing innovative technologies to contribute to a cutting-edge process development environment;
- Representing your work in CMC project teams, and supporting all deliverables for process development, qualification and transfer to manufacturing sites under adequate guidance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc, MSc or equivalent education in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or a related discipline;
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in industry, or equivalent exposure in academia;
- Demonstrated ability in applying biochemistry and biochemical engineering principles to process development problems;
- Practical experience in the development of unit operations for the purification of biopharmaceuticals (e.g. chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration) in an industrial setting;
- Experience in protein analytics and in instrumental analytics (e.g. HPLC), ideally in an industry setting, is advantageous;
- Further requirements include: a team player with strong communication, presentation and scientific/technical writing skills, management skills with respect to planning, tracking, priority setting and adherence to project timelines;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.