From Molecule to Medicine - An Introduction to Clinical Trials including ICH-GCP - 27&28 March 2019
Who should attend?
Newcomers to the industry, clinical research personnel with up to 2 years experience, those returning to “the sharp edge” of Clinical Operations, scientists working in related areas.
This highly interactive course with a balance of information, workshops, exercises and quizzes offers a general overview of the drug development process.
With this course you will:
• Understand how drugs are developed and learn in brief about the history and business side of drug development
• Find out what rules, guidelines and laws are essential, who the key players and what their responsibilities are
• Learn the top ethical principle and responsibility behind clinical research – protecting the patient
• Become knowledgeable about the safety aspects and how they are handled in clinical research
• Learn about clinical trial methodologies used and the key documents involved
• Know in detail about the activities necessary before the study can start
• Become familiar with the activities performed during and after the conduct of the clinical study
• The Drug Development Process
• Good Clinical Practice / ICH Guidelines / Directives
• “Who’s Who” in Clinical Research – Roles and Responsibilities
• Conducting Clinical Trials: pre-, during and post study activities
• Clinical Trial Methodology and Design
• Understanding and Handling of Adverse Events
• Monitoring Clinical Studies
Interactive sessions with a mix of lecture, case studies to illustrate theory, exercises to test the knowledge and Q&A.
27 & 28 March 2019
Day 1: 09:00 – 17:00 hrs
Day 2: 09:00 – 17:00 hrs
Tram 15, tram stop «Grosspeterstrasse»
Early Bird Fee: CHF 1'305.00 + 7.7% VAT (valid until: 13.02.2019)
Regular Fee: CHF 1'450.00 + 7.7% VAT (valid after: 13.02.2019)
10 % reduction for CTC employees, SwAPP and SBA members.
The fee includes course documentation, refreshments, lunch and a course participation certificate
After registration you will receive confirmation and an invoice with instructions on how to complete the bank transfer.
Full prepayment is needed prior to the course.
• Cancellations received more than 14 days before course: 100% refund less bank charges & cancellation fee of CHF 50.00
• Cancellations received 7-14 days before the course: 50% refund
• Cancellations received 7 days before the course: no refund
Training Terms & Conditions