Introduction to Pharma Market Access - 29 April 2019
In an increasingly cost-conscious health care environment, pharma companies must make a thorough case for not only the clinical, but also the economic value of their products. These days, clinical efficacy alone is not enough; both clinical effectiveness and 'value for money' are essential to make sure the product reaches the patients for whom it is intended.
This one day course will provide those active in, or working with the Healthcare Industry, an introduction to the Market Access dynamics and challenges.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for professionals working in the pharmaceutical industry, particularly those in Drug Development, Regultory Affairs, Medical Affairs who want to learn about the role Market Access plays in providing access of pharmaceutical brands to patients.
At the end of this course participants will be able to
• Understand the Market Access landscape and the challenges from a Physician, Patient, Payer and Pharma perspective
• Explain what benefit or imporved health outcomes means, including Quality of Life
• Learn the different types of assessments of evidence for economic evaluations, including Health Technology Assessment
• Gain understanding of pricing strategies and appreciate the country system differences
• Introduction to Market Access
• Landscape: Who are the Stakeholders and what are ytheir perspectives
• Health Outcome Assessment types
• Country systems
Dr Jolanda Groenhuijzen, MD is an independent consultant operating in the healthcare industry based in Basel. Prior to starting her own business, she was a seasoned healthcare industry professional: her experience includes international operational and managerial roles in Medical, Marketing and Market access for blue chip companies AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Novartis. She graduated as a Medical Doctor from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.
Interactive sessions with a mix of lecture, case studies to illustrate the theory, exercises to test the knowledge and Q&A.
29 April 2019
09.00 – 17.00 hrs
tram stop «Grosspeterstrasse»
Early Bird Fee: CHF 990.00 + 7.7% VAT (valid until: 18.03.2019)
Regular Fee: CHF 1'110.00 + 7.7% VAT (valid after: 18.03.2019)
*10 % reduction for CTC employees and members of SwAPP and SBA
Registration fees include: Course documentation, refreshments, lunch and a course participation certificate.
Payment: After registration you will receive confirmation and an invoice with instructions on how to complete the bank transfer. Full prepayment is needed prior to the course.
• Cancellations received more than 14 days before course: 100% refund less bank charges & cancellation fee of CHF 50.00
• Cancellations received 7-14 days before the course: 50% refund
• Cancellations received 7 days before the course: no refund
In case of no show, no refund will be made
Training Terms & Conditions