The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for a 6-month contract (with possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland to support our client’s Drug Discovery Chemistry organization, The main responsibilities of the role are to ensure an efficient and smooth day-to-day departmental operation and to support the administrative organization of the Head Chemistry and direct reports.
Executive assistant to department head:
- Administer agenda as advised by division head.
- Autonomously resolve logistical- or time-conflicts of division-head agenda.
- Organization of repetitive meetings owned by division head (Chemistry department meetings, Group Leader meetings, one-to-one meetings with direct reports) including meeting-room reservation and technical functionality.
- Manage and influence generation of meeting-agendas, write minutes and store presentations in ResearchHub microsite.
- Manage timely follow-up of action points decided and minutes in meetings.
- Liaison with other departments to facilitate meeting schedules and timely organization of inter-department events.
- Maintain overview about reachability of direct reports during working hours (travel, congress).
- Administer HR-specific agenda of department employees: birthdays, marriages, new-baby of employees, illness or condolence.
- Organize and support functionality of IT- and office- infrastructure of division head.
- Deputize to assistants PPD and DD Chemistry
- Autonomously update documentation about : Portfolio, Project responsibilities, Organization-Chart, HC/FTE, Students/Trainees
Assistant to department employees:
- Visitor arrangements
- Congress registration support
- Organization of travel, travel documents and processing of travel expenses
- Organize appointments/meetings/conferences
- Participate in offsite meetings organization
- Support resolution of IT-issues as expert user of Veeva, Coupa, Concour, ResWiki and Research-Hub.
- Coordination of contracts/agreements including e-signature collection and autonomous archiving in Veeva CORS
- Autonomous filing of department-specific legal documents
- Support of onboarding process of new employees as first contact for problem solving
- Arrange internal/external correspondence including courier shipments
- Support generation of budget and monitoring of department budget
- Manage purchase orders of department and keep track of invoices
- Monitor and control spending of travel
- Manage sponsoring activities including documentation of events after consulting division head
- Organize interview process in collaboration with HR to fill open positions, incl. travel arrangement and expense handling for candidates
- Organize onboarding of novel employees including organization of workspace and workplace equipment
- Organize events for DD Chemistry or research organization (Drug Discovery Day)
- Autonomously maintain ResearchHub microsite of DD Chemistry and Elpis portfolio microsite
- Communicate departmental news on Elements
- Coordinate office space and laboratory space in collaboration with division head and FM
- Manage setup of IT tools, training and problem solving in collaboration with GIS
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Commercial apprenticeship (KV-E/M) or similar
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative role in a multinational company, ideally in Pharmaceutical/BioTech Industry
- Business fluency in English. German and/or French would be an advantage
- Positive personality with outstanding communication skills
- Motivation to support and pro-actively create solutions in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to learn and apply business-specific software applications
- Ability to work independently with high customer orientation and pro-active approach to deliver high quality results
- Inclusiveness and effective teamwork and collaboration skills with various levels of diverse stakeholders
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.