The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is one of Europe’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core. Headquartered in Switzerland – a European biotech hub – our client is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options.
For one of our client's affiliates in Germany, which has main focus on the discovery and development of innovative synthetic carbohydrate vaccines, we are currently looking for an experienced Analytical Scientist to head the analytical lab and to support a team of world class organic chemists searching for and synthesizing novel vaccines.
Analytical Scientist, Laboratory Head (m/w/d)
To head the analytical lab and to support the scientists as an integral team member with:
- In depth knowledge of instrument based chemical analytics
- Responsibility for e.g. RP- & NP-HPLC, PREP-HPLC, HPLC-SEC, MALDI-TOF, QTOF, NMR
- Experience in method development for glycan analysis using HPLC and various detectors (CAD, ELSD, MS,..)
- Experience in method development for glycoconjugate and formulation analysis using HPLC-SEC
- Experience in method development for separation of glycans using PREP-HPLC
- Coordinating with Senior scientists on individual projects to deliver the needed analytics
- Writing detailed analytical reports
- Development of SOP’s and overseeing of internal Quality assurance
- Checking for compliance of all analytical instruments for audit including maintenance
- PhD in Organic chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Analytical Chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in analytical method development and running HPLC systems in industry environment
- Carbohydrate/Glycan chemistry knowhow and analysis of carbohydrates/glycans and their derivatives is a strong advantage
- Knowledge and experience in Quality assurance is a plus
- Fluent English language is obligatory
- Fluency in German language is nice to have
- Proactive and “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- Excellent organization skills
- Team-orientation with ability to cope in a lively, multi-cultural environment
- Continuous improvement and idea-sharing mindset
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.