Bio Process Engineer (5290)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Bio Process Engineer – 5290 LBD
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Bio Process Engineer for a 7-month contract (with possible extension) based in the Visp, Switzerland.
The Bio Process Engineer designs, develops, evaluates, and enhances biological, environmental, and health systems and products, utilizing extensive knowledge of chemical and mechanical engineering, biology, microbiology, and biomechanical principles.
- Analyzes and develops the systems used to manufacture bioprocess products, working in research and development for agriculture, food processing, biotechnology, thermal building, alternative fuel, pollution control, global warming, and/or pharmaceutical
- Reviews and evaluates new process technology and equipment to improve efficiency, capability, quality, and effectiveness
- Planning and execution of safety, quality and delivery campaigns including evaluating test results, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment and providing solutions
- Preparing and executing SHE, EM, operation and risk analysis for the assigned products
- Authorizing and reviewing GMP-relevant documents and SOPs
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related life science subject
- Minimum 2 years experience in Biotech/pharma or GMP environment
- Previous experience in Biomanufacturing would be an advantage
- English is a must with a B2 level, German is a plus
- MES/Delta V experience is nice to have