Business Development Director (5159)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a late-stage Start-Up for In-Vitro Diagnostics, specializing in microbiology research, solutions around susceptibility towards antibiotic and oncology treatments. The headquarter is based close to Basel, Switzerland.
The company wants to initiate commercial activities with selected client segments and is looking for a
Commercial/Business Development Director IVD (5159)
The role is new and will adapt to the company’s development and reports directly to the CEO.
Your tasks & responsibilities
• Establish sales team and sales operations
• Identify potential customer segments
• Review, create and validate different pricing models adapted to the segments
• Approach first tier customers to place highly innovative instrument
• Start establishing and strengthening contacts with relevant KOLs
• Generate sales revenue in first tier customer group
• Exchange with the team on customer experience, needs and wishes
• Commercial business experience with a proven track record on a similar commercial position in life science / medtech /IVD
• Relevant scientific education and / or PhD is an asset
• Experience with selling equipment & reagent combinations
• Self-starter, flexible with can-do attitude
• Ability to embrace new technologies
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
• Excited to work in an innovative, dynamic and award-winning Start-Up and to contribute to its further development and commercial growth
• Ability to travel is necessary (approximately 30%)
If you are up for an exciting journey with a disruptive technology in the life science / medtech field, if enjoy working with a dynamic team of specialists from different areas and if you want to make a true difference and contribution for people’s health, call and exchange with us!
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.