Cardio Renal & Metabolic Clinical Development Medical Director (5180) (5180)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a:
Clinical Development Medical Director for Cardio Renal & Metabolic
In this role you are responsible for leading the strategic planning and management of the assigned clinical programs from an end-to-end clinical development perspective.
- Providing clinical leadership and strategic medical input for all clinical deliverables in the assigned project or section of a clinical program;
- Leading development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents;
- Driving execution of the assigned clinical program and clinical trial in partnership with global line functions;
- Supporting the Senior Global Program Clinical Head in ensuring overall safety of the molecule for the assigned section, and may act as a core member of the Safety Management Team (SMT), supporting overall program safety reporting in collaboration with Patient Safety colleagues;
- Supporting the Clinical Development Head (CDH) by providing medical input into Clinical Development Plan (CDP), Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Clinical Trial Protocol (CTP) reviews, and contributing to/driving development of disease clinical standards for new disease areas.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Medical Degree (MD) ;
- Clinical practice experience of at least 4 years (including residency) and board certification or eligibility in oncology or haematology preferred;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in clinical research or drug development;
- Experience in an academic clinical research or industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV is a must;
- 2 years of contribution to and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing) in a global/matrix environment in pharmaceutical industry;
- Previous global people management experience is preferred, though this may include management in a matrix environment.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.