Category Buyer Process Equipment (5100) (5100)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Category Buyer Process Equipment
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Category Buyer Process Equipment for a 12-month contract position (with possibility for extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Supporting Procurement Category Manager to:
- Develop and execute a category strategy for Process Equipment that matches supply market capabilities with the client’s business needs.
- Lead supplier relationship management (SRM) and supplier development activities to ensure reliable supply and maximize the full value of supplier relationships.
- Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability through supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
- Develop supply risk management strategies and drive development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Manage relationships with suppliers acting as the primary point of contact for assigned suppliers.
- Work closely with Project Procurement colleagues to ensure category strategies are translated into project execution plans.
- Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and contracting for framework, master and other major supply agreements.
- Ensure project sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Capex Procurement, Global Engineering and project stakeholders.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet projects / business needs.
- Report savings monthly as well as maintain the project savings pipeline.
- Project procurement tasks, including: Procurement of machinery for the assigned investment projects; Development of project purchasing strategy, execution and coordination of procurement activities for assigned investment projects; Drive awareness of supply issues within the project, clarifying business impact and lead resolution plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelor degree in Procurement, Engineering, Business or Law
- Extensive work experience in Capex Procurement and large Capex projects (CHF 50M+)
- Strong contract management experience; ability to craft commercial contracts and agreements
- Knowledge of at least one of the following sub-categories (Fill & Finish technology, Bioreactors, Chromatography or Laboratory Equipment) market in pharmaceutical industry
- Good technical understanding of pharmaceutical production processes, or bio-pharmaceutical process equipment is a plus; working experience with or for an EPCM contractor is a plus.
- Licenses or Certifications: CIPS or similar Procurement and supply chain certification is a plus.
- Business acumen, strategic Procurement expertise, Project and Procurement management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with ability to work efficiently in a matrix organization & interdisciplinary teams, as well as ability to deal with ambiguity.
- MS Office, SAP, Oracle.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.