The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Clean Utilities Engineer
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Project Engineer – Clean and Process Utilities for a contract position based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Own, manage and deliver clean and process utility systems for Biopharmaceutical Facilities as project lead engineer during design, procurement, project execution and turn-over to operations
- Leading and guiding engineering partners, EPCMV contractors and equipment suppliers during the design and execution of CAPEX projects
- Collaboration with all parties involved for tasks such as equipment and systems design, specification generation, tendering, expediting, FATs, SATs, commissioning, qualification and start up
- Reporting and providing input of status and forecast of utilities on cost and schedule
- Hands-on involvement in the creation and development of engineering documents and test plans
- Overseeing, aligning and reviewing of engineering documents created by the EPCMV contractor
- Contributing and representing the engineering group at HAZOP and GMP risk analysis
- Performing reviews of vendor design deliverables, scope of work, constructability, and schedule
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Background in design engineering throughout phases from feasibility to detail design
- 5+ years of experience in on-site project engineering within the life science industry / high technology sector, incl. start-up and qualification phases
- 5+ years of experience in successfully designing clean / process utility systems
- 10+ years of significant experience in an engineering environment with focus on execution and projects delivery
- High proficiency in general technical understanding and in depth knowledge of clean / process and black utility requirements for biopharmaceutical production facilities
- Comprehensive GMP skills and knowledge of pharmaceutical standard regulations and guidelines (ISPE, EU GMP Guidelines, ASME, CFR, etc.)
- Ability to drive commercial and schedule awareness during all phases of the project cycle
- University degree in process, mechanical engineering or equal
- Fluent in German and English
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.