The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Construction Manager (with excellent German!), for a contract position based in the Valais area, Switzerland – one year initial duration with extension for another year.
The Construction Manager will provide high level construction management expertise and will be responsible for the delivery of construction projects.
Responsibilities extend over the full construction management life cycle: project initiation, planning, execution, project monitoring and project closure.
- Coordinate and control the service providers and suppliers, the individual work steps as well as the material flows.
- Manage all of the client’s owned works and coordinate them with the assigned EPCM company – including Mechanical, Electrical, Ductwork
- Lead external planning teams and construction companies assigned to the client where not scope of EPCM.
- Ensure smooth flow of construction work, site organization and takes care of construction site facilities together with EPCM company.
- Ensure structural realization according to the planning specifications as well as according to the applicable regulations and building standards.
- Coordination with other Construction Managers to ensure activities planned are fully reviewed for impact with other ongoing projects.
- Technical and commercial negotiations with the client’s suppliers, with the client’s Procurement where necessary.
- Equipment coordination with suppliers, EPCM team and external Logistics team to ensure sizing, crate configuration and entry method to site are all reviewed and approved prior to equipment installation
- Continuous improvement of Construction Management Plan and Construction Health and Safety Plan with the EPCM
- Generation of Weekly reports and lookaheads on works to be completed in conjunction with the EPCM
- Ensure that the project objectives cost, deadlines, quality and safety of the assigned construction projects are achieved
- Maintain a working knowledge of all client’s installation and construction procedures and standards to enable site reviews against them on an ongoing basis throughout the project
- Maintain an expert view on the 3D Coordination Building Information Model (BIM) so all clashes can be resolved and the installation checked against the model on an ongoing basis
- Checking the quality of materials as well as the technical, constructional and design quality in the execution.
- Ongoing quality checks of mechanical pipework, pipework supports, cable trays and ductworks in compliance with the approved 3d Model and all client’s standards and close-out any issues found with EPCM company.
- Support all construction testing as a client’s `witness` and ensure all test documentation is completed and closed (pressure testing of pipework etc)
- Review all Contractor Turnover Documentation for accuracy against the approved design and resolve punches with the individual contractors.
- System walkdowns to achieve Mechanical completion and drive punch list to closure with EPCM and individual contractor companies
- Safety culture to be implemented on project to ensure Zero Lost Time Incidents – work with EPCM Safety Team to implement initiatives, standards, processes to achieve this
- Coordinate safety reviews on an ongoing basis independently, with the client’s EHS and also with the EPCM EHS Team to ensure safety is being proactively reviewed and managed
- Ensure safety observations are identified, corrective actions put in place and closed out and communicated to all contractors on the project
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or other relevant engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing large industrial construction projects
- Experience in managing pharmaceutical construction projects – including cleanroom construction up to GMP grade C (ISO 8)
- Knowledge and experience of Navis Works 3D Building Information Management software (BIM)
- Knowledge and experience of project scheduling using Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Knowledge of clean and black utility requirements for the biopharmaceutical industry
- Structured thinking, problem solving with open and excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent German and English language ability
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.