The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and a leader in Personalized Healthcare, stands at the forefront of innovation. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they operate across a wide spectrum of drug discovery and therapeutic areas, earning global recognition.
We are currently seeking a DMPK-PD Project Leader to join their headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, on a 12-month contract with high chances of extension.
- Lead drug design and optimization strategies and compound profiling for all DMPK aspects with a strong emphasis on validating target biology and translational PK/PD concepts as well as guiding medicinal chemistry efforts towards drug-like properties.
- Support early drug discovery teams to build a translational strategy for clinical evaluation of target modulation in disease by applying, biochemical, biological and pharmacological considerations relevant to PKPD relationships.
- Apply translational PK/PD concepts within assigned projects. Conduct basic M&S activities (e.g. PKPD, PBPK, prediction of human dose and dose regimen) in projects to support drug discovery and development (during LO as part of CLS package up to EIH).
- You prepare high-quality scientific assessments of non-clinical DMPK information on development compounds suitable for internal program review and regulatory submission (e.g. for IND, IB, CTA, NDA, BLA documentation).
- Ensure and facilitate transparent decision making within the teams (Chapter, project team, biomarkers and portfolio squads), guided by clear decision criteria and based on thorough data analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship
- PharmD, or PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, pharmacology, bioengineering, with dedicated training in pharmacology or PBPK/PD modeling.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in industry setting within a pharmacokinetic-related field.
- Expertise in discovery or early characterization of PK, metabolism, distribution, DDI and PKPD attributes of small molecule drugs and a solid understanding of pharmacology and physiology are required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with basic modeling and simulation is particularly appreciated to expand current skill sets in the group.
- A strong desire or ability to learn Phoenix, Berkley Madonna, Gastroplus, SimCyp or other relevant modeling and simulation tools is required.
- Additional experience in other therapeutic modalities such as macrocyclic peptides, antibody-drug candidates or protein therapeutics is considered a plus.
- An excellent understanding of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics as well as strong communication skills and experience in leadership.
If you're interested in learning more about CTC and this exciting opportunity, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. You can either use the 'apply now' button or reach out via email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.