Drug Discovery Leader (5151)
The Life Science Career Network CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes
Drug Discovery Leader SRS 5151
Our client is a well-established non-profit drug research and development organisation who partners with private industry, public institutions, academia and NGOs to advance new treatments in disease-endemic countries.
With a remarkable achievement of bringing 8 new treatments to the market, the organisation also benefits from a rich pipeline of new potential drugs, which are being investigated through their numerous affiliates worldwide.
For their office in Geneva, they have a permanent role for a Drug Discovery Leader with experience in Virology/Immunology/Inflammation. You will be responsible for developing new and existing projects for infectious diseases by developing strategy and leading the implementation of host directed therapeutics.
- Providing expert drug discovery and development advice and support to an international consortium focused on antiviral drug discovery.
- Supporting scientific leadership on infection immunology and inflammation to enable discovery and development of host directed therapeutics and biomarkers for viral and parasitic diseases
- Developing and implementing specific strategies for host directed therapies
- Identifying of biomarkers exploiting host signatures of disease and response to treatment
- Leading the establishment of a new collaborative virtual hub for host directed therapies
- Exploring additional open innovation and open science opportunities and develop new projects
- Project leadership of specific preclinical development projects at the interface with the Translational Sciences Team
- Present project plans, progress and issues to internal Scientific Internal Review Committee and external Scientific Advisory Committee
Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Advanced post graduate degree or graduate degree with equivalent in experience to reach Master level with 10 years in a similar senior role
- Excellent knowledge of discovery and development of biologics, Clinical Research/Development
- Good knowledge of Regulatory (GCP, GLP and GMP)
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases/immunology/inflammation
- Excellent Technical writing skills (procedures, protocols and reports)
- Proven track record in discovery and translation of novel therapeutics for infectious diseases/immunology/inflammation
- Experience of R&D with biological and small molecule approaches
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone