The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
EHS LOTOTO Coordinator
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for EHS LOTOTO Coordinators for a 12-month contract (with high possibility for extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
The EHS LOTOTO Coordinator organizes the LOTOTO procedures in different projects, gives advice for LOTOTO activities. He/she performs safety walk downs and audits (CAPA & Reporting Mgmt), issues permits, manages the audit documentation, confined space, perform trainings and review risk analyses.
- Development and maintenance of relevant safety procedures and documentation.
- Monitor compliance with safety regulations.
- Ensuring that legislative changes are communicated and implemented in the safety procedures.
- Ensure that all employees are trained in the relevant safety procedures and relevant courses are undertaken.
- Approval of procedures for separation of and mechanical systems.
- Ensure that the project team is aware of potentially hazardous commissioning activities such as steam blows, power supply systems, etc.
- Ensure that lines of communication between teams on safety issues are established and maintained throughout the commissioning phase.
- Conduct periodically audits to ensure that:
- PTW procedures are adhered to
- LOTOTO insulation procedures are adhered to
- LOTOTO registers correspond to the field conditions
- That the automation group adheres to the PTW system.
- Continuation of the safety incentive system with monthly raffles, suggestion box and communication sessions throughout commissioning.
- Ensure that safety is continuously increased throughout the commissioning phase.
- Reporting and documenting any accident or incident that occurs during commissioning.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.
- Technical education or higher degree in mechanical or industrial area or engineering or safety.
- Professional EHS accreditation from an accredited institution (e.g. SUVA certificate)
- Minimum five years or more experience in an EHS role in Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Industrial production area (plant safety). Experience with performing LOTO(TO) activities.
- English business fluent and advanced German language skills (Level B2 min)
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices. Worked within the construction industry, with a preference for pharmaceutical industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Swiss EHS codes and standards.
- Familiarity with P&IDs
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to do trainings
- Define and optimize process flows and understand cross-process relations
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.