The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
External Operations Manager for Distribution
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland
We are currently looking for an External Operations Manager for Distribution for a 12 months’ contract in Basel.
A team of globally collaborative colleagues at the Global Clinical Supply (GCS) function to support clinical trials from Phase 1 to approval and be a key interface between Technical Research & Development teams and the Clinical teams.
- Assesses risks of the particular distribution strategy and provides guidance to other functions for distribution supply chain setup optimization. Advises GCS Study Team on all relevant elements of clinical distribution to ensure optimal usage of available capacity and budget. Drives the optimization of the general supply chain planning for development projects.
- Manages order alignment with GCS Study team members to coordinate distribution order preparation and to ensure proactive resolution of any distribution order related questions.
- Acts as the key business partner for operational interactions with the Vendors. Reviews the vendor capacity, resource planning and distribution tracker.
- Is responsible for the setup, management and development of the external distribution network
- Interacts with internal functions and distribution vendor to flag potential issues or bottlenecks due to high demands, seasonal situations or local/regional issues.
- Manages deviations occurring at external vendors and escalates high level issues/bottlenecks to the relevant internal stakeholders and external partners
- Monitors and analyses vendor performance with pre-defined KPIs and collaborates with vendor to identify process optimizations and ensures timely follow up and completion of actions
- Liaises with GCS counterparts to review project status.
- Provides and analyses reports on various distribution as well as finance related topics
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Fluent in English
- Degree in science, engineering or equivalent
- >5 years of practical experience in chemical / pharmaceutical industry or in field of expertise. Good knowledge about the Drug Development process
- Project management preferably in Distribution, good organization and planning skills. Knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g. GMP, HSE etc.)
- SAP, MS Office
- Ideal previous experience: Vendor management, clinical distribution, project management, clinical trials, Pharma or CMO
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.