The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Global Product Sourcing Manager
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a Global Product Sourcing Manager for a 12-month contract (with possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland.
- Represent the Global Supply Chain Product Sourcing in cross-functional project teams, to coordinate new sourcing, selection of new technology suppliers, backup, etc.; with Manufacturing and Development.
- Support preparation of Third-party product sourcing business cases incl. financial evaluation (ROI, NPV), and provide reports/updates, to facilitate Management decision-making on Global Supply Chain Product Sourcing and related activities.
- Perform analysis for strategic supplier selection.
- Maintain database of key external sourcing suppliers.
- Project member in new launch teams, responsible for all Global Supply Chain product sourcing commercial aspects.
- Contribute to perform due diligence for third party sourcing suppliers, with new sourcing, backup, or launch cross functional project team members.
- Implement Contract Manufacturing KPI measurement system for new suppliers, as well as managing the administration of standard contracts.
- Manage key term sheets preparation and maintain updated contract database.
- Implement third party commercial sourcing operation management process and manage effective execution of the product supply from third parties to the company’s point of distribution, according to plan.
- Contribute to BRM (Business review Meetings) with third parties, encompassing performance reviews as well as mid to long term capacity and manufacturing strategy requirements sharing and alignment with suppliers.
- Track supplier performance and implement continuous improvement terms.
- Support the financial dimension relating to Third party sourcing. Ensure a robust and continuous alignment with Finance on the COG’s dimension relating to Third party supply, including budget and long-term plan forecasting, potential investment plan, and other cross functional potential interdependencies (Market Access, Regulatory, Quality Compliance, etc.).
- Perform cost analyses, price decomposition, make vs. buy analyses, use decision analysis tools to determine best external manufacturing alternative.
- Prepare monthly reporting figures, and periodic LE spend/savings reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- BA/BS (or equivalent) required. Master’s / University degree in business administration, industrial engineering, science (chemistry, pharmacy or chemical engineering), is advantageous.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Minimum 7+ years professional experience in pharmaceutical industry, with an External Manufacturing / Third party environment, and preferably with part of the experience in launch/development/transfers associated areas.
- Robust Project Management experience, leading, coordinating and facilitating programs and cross functional project activities, including standard methodology of Gantt chart, action plan management, and project steerco review meetings (lead or support).
- Experience in pharmaceuticals product supplier evaluation and manufacturing cost structure analysis.
- Robust knowledge in CMO management, including contract management and relationship management, working in cross functional teams.
- Fully familiarized with Third party CMO/CPO Commercial Operations management, and piloting the activity based of product supply.
- Standard Financial COG’s structure, reporting, and analytical experience and capabilities.
- Experienced in product sourcing related transactional and Master Data management in ERP system, and specifically SAP.
- Understanding the functional as well as business environment, and able to have in robust comprehension of products, financial and physical flows of Sourcing within Single Principal model Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices.
- Manage the procurement process for new services or contracts using the standard process, starting with the establishment of data framework, manage the offers and contribute to the selection process and decision preparation.
- Be able to understand the trend of the market and direction where entire organization head to, along with key interests and challenges at operational and management level, liaising with supply chain dynamic challenges.
- Product sourcing supply Management be able to handle product supply and source of risk in end-to-end supply chain anticipating risks and implementing mitigation actions.
- Ability on 3rd party management and be comfortable in communicating with internal and external stakeholders in different levels of the company.
- Be able to work in project mode including new products and CMOs to the portfolio.
- Learn and be ready to manage complex situation through collaborative effort, with good balance of strategical thinking and tactical approach with prioritization on tasks under dynamic business and market environment.
- Be a team player, while taking leadership role under the cross-cultural work environment.
- Cross-Cultural Resourcefulness-Ability and Agility to work in a complex matrix environment whilst respecting cultural differences.
- Knowledge of basic pharmaceutical manufacturing techniques/production is a strong asset.
- Management/negotiation skills for third party product supplier business relations are desirable.
- Any other European language is an asset, specifically German and French
- APICS certification and Project Management certification are an asset
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.