Junior Scientist – 5059 VGI
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
The perfect candidate is someone with a life science background who has at least 2 years of hands-on experience with EM sample preparation techniques. This role is initially a 18 months contract based in Basel area with good chances of extension.
- Generate high quality EM data to qualify formulations in genomic medicines
- Deliver high-resolution cryo-EM structures of viral capsids
- Present data to bioanalytical groups in research and technical development
- Establish statistical methods to summarize the homogeneity of particle mixtures
- Electron Microscopy (EM) on proteins and other biological matter
- EM sample preparation including cryogenic preparations
- Operation of sputter-coating equipment
- EM image processing and 3D reconstruction
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Min. Bachelor degree (can also be Masters and PhD) in relevant life sciences field with a focus on lab work
- Min. 2 years experience in state of the art cryo-EM, and consequently can take a cryo-EM project from a biological sample to a high resolution structure
- Min. 2 years hands-on experience in EM sample preparation techniques including cryogenic preparations, staining techniques and operation of sputter-coating equipment
- BSL-2, nice to have
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.