Knowledge Engineer – 5548 URA
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
The perfect candidate has a University Degree in Data Science / Engineering and at least 3 years of experience of working with data interoperability preferably in the pharmaceutical / medical device environment. This candidate also has expertise in knowledge engineering, software engineering, data modeling, healthcare interoperability, data integration, semantic/graph technologies, data analytics and FAIR and project management are expected. This role is a initial 12 months contract with planned extension for one more year in Basel area.
- Collaborate with various product teams to shape the development and integration of data models and standardization into the RIS product portfolio and enable FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable) data services
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams and co-drive projects to implement interoperability standards for medical devices and digital products adhering to FAIR principles
- Investigate innovative methods to generate new business insights from interlinked data sources (lab and clinical) that may mature into new features of RIS digital products
- Drive the adoption and integration of interoperability standards including terminological resources (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, LOINC, SNOMED) for RIS digital products
- Engage with internal key customers and stakeholders to understand their business needs, pain points using a customer-centric approach
- Co-create robust solutions starting out from prototypes and MVPs
- Drive automation of data and software services to achieve continuous delivery e.g. by setting up code repositories, automation pipelines, quality assurance, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Work experience of minimum 3 years with data interoperability
- University Degree in Computer Science / Engineering related fields, preferably PhD degree (such as Software Engineering, Architecture, Data Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or similar areas of academic discipline)
- Strong software engineering skills and various programming languages such as Python, Java. Any knowledge of frontend programming languages such as Typescript, Angular, etc. is a plus. Any knowledge of data engineering and cloud skills is a plus
- Background in data interoperability technologies, such as data integration, data standards and terminologies (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, SNOMED or LOINC)
- Good knowledge in (meta) data management approaches such as relational and graph databases
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Working independently in cross-functional and distributed teams
- Ability to work in changing, agile, multinational and multiple location environment
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.