Lab Technician, Genetics & Genomics (5238)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently working for a 12-months contract based in Basel, for a:
Lab Technician, Genetics & Genomics – 5238 VGI
The perfect candidate has a masters degree in biology and at least 2 years of hands on experience with PCR/qPCR/ddPCR.
- The development, implementation and execution of qPCR, and ddPCR assays on a variety of platforms, eg. Biorad, Quantstudio etc.
- DNA and RNA isolation using manual and automated workflows
- Scientific and technical contribution to experimental design
- Maintenance of lab equipment and infrastructure, ensure compliance with local requirements
- Proper assay documentation, following F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data generation principles.
- Training of other technicians and/or students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Master’s degree in Science or equivalent in a relevant biological discipline (no PhD applicants)
- Min 2-3 years of exp. within an academic or industry setting working with PCR
- Strong molecular biology laboratory skills, specifically with PCR/qPCR/ddPCR platforms
- Min. 2-3 years experience in custom assay development and optimization
- Familiarity with databases, tools, and resources commonly used for primer design, data QC/analysis etc.
- Experience with NGS (including sequencing data QC) desirable
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.