The Life Science Career Network CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Laboratory Technician for Particle Engineering / Physical / Chemical – 4958
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician for Particle Engineering based in Basel for a 18 months contract with possible of extension.
· Collaboration in the laboratory team in the development of physical processes, in particular in the field of milling, with the aim of producing defined physicochemical active ingredient properties for oral, pulmonary and parenteral dosage forms. Independent performance, documentation and partial evaluation of experiments.
· Working on projects using technical (isolator technology) and personal protective equipment.
· Co-design of the transfer of processes to pilot and production scale.
· Characterisation of product properties such as particle size, particle morphology, flowability, wettability, rheology and zeta potential.
· Coordination of material flows. Supervision of laboratory infrastructure and equipment (maintenance of apparatus and measuring instruments).
Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
· Laboratory technician with experience or equivalent training, e.g. physical-technical assistant, pharmaceutical-technical assistant, chemical and pharmaceutical technologist or university of applied sciences in the field of process engineering, chemical engineering, physical chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, pharmaceutical technology, food technology and life sciences.
· Experience in the field of mechanics/fine mechanics desirable.
· Experience in handling laboratory apparatus and modern measuring equipment is an advantage.
· Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.