The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a dynamic biopharmaceutical company located in North Switzerland and focused on developing and commercializing small-molecule medicines for the treatment of cancers and immune-mediated diseases, is looking for a Medical Director for a permanent position to be based in the Zurich area, Switzerland.
- Manage the design and implementation of clinical development programs in support of an overall Product Development Plan, based on strong medical and scientific principles, knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Take responsibility of the overall oversight of clinical studies, monitor study integrity, review, interpret and communicate of accumulated data pertaining to safety and efficacy of the molecule, oversee study enrollment and overall timelines and deliverables;
- Be responsible for design, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of scientific content of protocols, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, regulatory submissions and responses, and other program documents;
- Take oversight of Associate Medical, Scientific Directors, and of Clinical Scientists;
- Provide clinical expertise for the developed molecules and disease areas by coordinating appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders, liaise with Key Opinion Leaders and serve as Clinical Research representative providing clinical development and medical expertise to Asset Development Team and its Leadership Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) degree with relevant therapeutic experience in Oncology or Hematology;
- Completion of a residency program strongly preferred. Completion of a subspecialty fellowship is desirable;
- 2 years of clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Ability to independently run a clinical research program;
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements in clinical trials and experience in development of clinical strategy and the design of study protocols;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.