The Life Science Career Network CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Portfolio and Program Manager 5143 SRS
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
As the Portfolio and Program Manager (PPM), you are a critical strategic partner, helping project teams and governance bodies to make the best decisions, navigate the future and bring novel therapeutics to patients. Your background in science, strategy and business, would make you an ideal candidate to join this team. This is a 24 months contract role, based in Basel.
- Providing strategic mentorship to research and development project teams, framing and assessing strategic options, identifying inflection points and critical factors for decision making and recommendations
- Actively contributing to project team members, Research Project Team Leader, Project Team Leader, Medical Director, etc.
- Guiding projects from drug discovery through preparation for pivotal trials, enabling efficient and effective progression as agreed with the relevant decision-makers and governance committees
- Ensuring clear development and translation of molecule strategy to coordinated execution plans across project sub-teams
- Providing portfolio context and data-driven insights
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- A scientific degree and/or higher degree e.g. MBA, PhD
- 1-5 years Portfolio and/or Project Management experience supporting cross-functional teams in a scientific environment, preferably both
- Experience in Pharma/biotech drug development
- Demonstrated experience in preclinical, clinical, regulatory, chemistry manufacturing and Controls (CMC)
- Proficient in Portfolio and Project management methodologies and agile practices, business savviness and management Science
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Strategy methodology (strategic tools such as SWOT, TOWS, PESTLE, BlueOcean etc.)
- Maintains expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, and current/emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.