Process Development Associate (5275)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
For their headquarter in Basel (Switzerland) we are currently looking for a:
Process Development Associate
on a contract of the duration of 18 months, with possibility of extension.
- Culturing mammalian cells for viral production in shake flasks, spinner flasks, spin tubes and/or benchtop bioreactors.
- Performing experiments in the development, optimization and scale-up of production processes.
- Preparing and reviewing process development protocols, data analysis summaries, technical reports, and other relevant process documentation.
- Optimization of transfection and transduction protocols
- Participating in the technology transfer from process development to manufacturing sites (as needed).
- Successful training of colleagues on various experimental assays
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- B.S. in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, or biology/molecular biology or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant scientific or technical experience in AAV production in the life sciences industry or equivalent.
- Experience in cell culture including materials, instruments and technologies is essential.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture production processes. This includes small scale (shaker flasks, spinner flasks, spin tubes) and/or benchtop bioreactor scale.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal). Must be able to draft protocols and technical reports.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with vendors in a strategic manner.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.